We are all artists, shaping ourselves, each other, and
our environment. Free Form Art provides a loose structure to guide you
thru the creative process. Get engaged, and enjoy impact.
INDEX 2014 - 2019
INDEX 2005 - 2010
Draw Experience with Movement. How does motion impact the brain? How
do we engage with chance? Why do we travel thru time?
- Enage your body
- Think independently, spontaneously, incrementally
- Identify different types of brain activity
Lesson Plan: Take time to Act and React
Experience a feedback loop...
- Energy. Draw large looping movements again and again;
Feel the movement in your arm and shoulder. Consider energy.
- Concentration. Draw large and small squiggles; Darken
areas with overlapping and parallel lines; Try hatch marks, criss crossing
your marks one over the other. Consider concentration.
- Fluidity. Draw continuously, without lifting your
pen from the page. Start in one corner, move to the far side of the
page, turn the page, and keep going. Gradually move your lines inward
to the center of the page. See how long you can last. Consider fluidity.
- Align. Breath deeply while you draw. Breath in and
angle upward. Breath out and angle downward. Repeat. Consider stability.
- Vary. Take quick shallow breaths while you draw.
Draw loosely, a jagged line, across the page. Exhale slowly. Draw a
slightly wavy line. Repeat. Consider instability.
- Continue. Draw loops while you breath. Keep going
and fill the page. Consider fun.
Stream of Consciousness
- Choose. Look at a blank piece of paper, and decide
where you want to make your mark: In the middle, at the edge, in between.
Decide what you are in the mood to draw: a simple geometric shape, a
loopy line, a dark scribble, etc. Commit and draw. Consider choice.
- Continuous. Put your pen to the paper and draw continuously.
Decide whether to move left, right, up or down. Move in that direction
as long as you like, or until you are at the edge of the paper. Decide
when to change direction. Decide when to twist the page. Keep drawing
until the page is full. Consider options.
- Inspiration. Draw whatever you like, and decide when
to stop. Consider inspiration.
- Nature. Flick water onto your blank page. Draw circles
around each wet spot. Draw lines between each circle.
- Increment. Flip a coin. Draw triangles for heads,
and lines for tails. Repeat.
- Interact. Drop your pen onto the page again and again.
Watch the dots and scratches that appear. Connect the dots.
- Incremental. Draw a small square at the top of your
page. Below it, draw either a circle, square, or triangle. Repeat from
top to bottom, deciding one step at a time what shape to draw next.
Consider incremental growth.
- Evolve. Draw a small circle in the middle of your
page. Look at the results. Decide where the next shape will be placed,
and whether it will be a circle, square, or triangle. Repeat, deciding
one step at a time where and what to draw next. Consider evolving growth.
- Build. Draw a large shape at the bottom of your page.
Decide how the next shape will overlap. Draw the overlapping shape.
Repeat. Each time, look at the results and think about what you want
to add. Consider exponential growth.
- Sound. Tap your nails on the table like a piano.
What do you hear? Are these like raindrops? Draw small crescent moons
clustered together. Tap your knuckles on the page. Do they sound like
drums? Draw larger rectangles evenly spaced. Attempt to convey the varying
experience of sound.
- Taste. Taste lemon. Is it a sharp high note? Draw
a wedge shape angled sharply, with a thin definite border. Taste bread.
Is it a warmer, flatter experience? Draw a thick, even foundation, with
a wavy border. Attempt to convey the varying experience of taste.
- Touch. Scratch your nail across the palm of your
other hand. Draw thin straight lines across your page. Rub your thumb
across your palm. Draw wide curved lines across your page. Attempt to
convey the varying experience of touch.
PREVIOUS / NEXT
Customizable T-shirts allow you to add your own images and text.
Zazzle and Saatchi Online are leaders in their venue, and offer guarantees
of their work.
Your consideration, feedback, and referrals are like gold.
© C Pembroke 2019