Stir it Up
As you Are
12 Steps thru Creativity
Breaking Down Barriers
The Creative Process
Freedom Is Not Free
Customizable T-shirts allow you to add your own images and text.
Zazzle and Saatchi Online are leaders in their venue, and offer guarantees
of their work.
Your consideration, feedback, and referrals are like gold.
© C Pembroke 2018
January is a good time to think deeply and gain ground toward goals.
Claim your space and time. Look for inspiration with Find
Art, and identify obstacles with Bullseye.
Check out Starters for more ideas.
Can you find beauty in the junk yard?
Not the making-do kind of beauty,
but heart bending moments
to rival a mountaintop.
If not, try. It’s useful!
In being inspired, you are filled with spirit.
Tap this partner; Feel the connection.
With routine, strengthen it.
Identify some barriers, pin them to a dart board, see which one you
hit closest to.
Then brainstorm 3 ways you can face that barrier.
Need some starters? Barriers to creativity are a good place to start;
- Fear of dreams and nightmares
- Confusion, don’t know where to start when faced with a blank
- Child’s stuff
- Showing a weak front
- Defying conformity
- Small towns
- Illusion of perfection in others
- Need to be productive
- Letting go of control
- too barbaric
- don’t want anger, fear to leak out
- don’t want embarrasing feelings to leak out
- parents, friends wouldn’t approve and/or understand
- fear of the unknown
- fear of showing off
- fear of exposure – letting the real self show through thoughts,
words and images
- left brain doesn’t want to give up domination over right
- uncomfortable with inner judge’s dissatisfaction with creative
- county codes (yard art)
- fear of time that slips away
- fear that enthusiasm will overtake wisdom in time management
- conscious brain missed out on a few precious moments (entertwined
with fear of death)
- fear that subconscious will get lost, and will not know how to return
self to reality
- fear of rapid change
- Rubberband factor, fear releasing pressure caused by repression of
hopes, dreams and creative energy
- Taking time away from family
- Using space at home for personal rather than family use
Consider the words and images below; Choose those that stir your imagination.