2005 - 2015 E INDEX
2008-2010 L INDEX
2006-2008 O INDEX
and Listening List
I am not yet sure how to connect my art to the world in a way that feels
right. My current theory is that connection need not be synchronous. Authors
from other space and time offer me their insights. I am beginning to write
notes, gather ideas, and perhaps feed these as inputs into my artwork.
Currently I am reading the cynical thoughtful works of Yuval Noah Harari.
I would like to better understand the risks that lay ahead with globalization
and artificial intelligence. The choices we make pave our future. I hope
my rose colored glasses do not break in the process!
- 21 Lessons for the 21st Century by Yuval Noah Harari (AudioBook)
- Homo Deus by Yuval Noah Harari (AudioBook)
- Investing in 24 Easy Lessons by Ken Little
by Yuval Noah Harari (AudioBook)
Noah Harari on the Rise of Homo Deus "When Kindle knows you
better than you know yourself,... democratic elections... will be as
obsolete as flint knives and rain dances" (quoted 50 minutes in
to a 1.5 hour event, YouTube)
Noah Harari and Thomas Friedman debate the future of the human race.
Yuval plays pessimist and Thomas plays optimist. Thomas refers to IA
(intelligent assistance) over AI (artifical intelligence), and cites
examples of companies at the forefront of AI, including AT&T's Nano
degrees. (1.5 hour event, YouTube)
- Unlimited Power
by Tony Robbins
- Awaken the Giant
Within by Tony Robbins
by Tony Robbins
- Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg
- Shoe Dog by Phil Knight
- Turn the Ship Around! by L. David Marquet
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey
- How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- Hard Choices by Hillary Clinton
- Faith of my Fathers by John McCain
- The Art of the Deal by Donald Trump
- Managing Yourself, a collection from Harvard Business Review
- How to Communicate with Confidence by Mike Bechtle
- How to Develop Self-Confidence & Influence People by Public
Speaking by Dale Carnegie
- Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell
- The Tipping Point by Malcom Gladwell
- Blink by Malcom Gladwell
- David and Goliath by Malcom Gladwell
- The Motivation Manifesto by Brendon Burchard
- The Five Dysfunctions of a Team by Patrick Lencioni
- Talk Like Ted by Carmine Gallo
- What are you Hungry For? by Deepak Chopra
- How to Talk so People will Listen by Steve Brown
- Debunkery by Ken Fisher
- How not to Die by Michael Greger
- Brain Maker by David Perlmutter
- Grain Brain by David Perlmutter
- Fantastic Voyage: Live Long Enough to Live Forever by Ray
- How the Brain Works by Peter Abrahams
- Anatographica by Thomas O. McCracken
- Human Anatomy Coloring Book by Hogin McMurtrie
- How the Body Woks by Peter Abrahams
- Anticancer, A New Way of Life by David Servan-Schreiber
- The Lexus and the Olive Tree by Thomas Friedman
- Writing Down the Bones by Natalie Goldberg
- The Prophet by Kahlil Gibrain
What is my Mission?
My goal with art events is to reach you, my audience. That means sharing
my images, words, ideas, and inviting you to do the same. This takes shape
via writing, shows, sales, demonstrations, meetings, and workshops - online
and in person.
Please let me know if you have ideas for future events. I look forward
to hearing from you at email@example.com.
Customizable T-shirts allow you to add your own images and text.
Zazzle and Saatchi Online are leaders in their venue, and offer guarantees
of their work.
Your consideration, feedback, and referrals are like gold.
© C Pembroke 2019